Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 120

Thread: Should Mega keep his avatar?

  1. #81
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    first off, the poll was dead even and now its one sided as it gets. Hmmmmm. Regardless of a poll, I dont have to do anything that I dont want to do because it was never against board rules. Some people may have felt it wasnt in good taste but there was nothing obscene about it. I talked to 3 out of 4 mods and all agreed I was within the rules of team hostboards policy. I left it up for a good while just so I could see how many racists, gay haters, constant complainers, and bible pushers would come out of the woodwork. I feel its time to take it down not because people dont approve, but because I made my point about this forum and found out what type of persons some people are.

    I had a good laugh listening to burrhead B itch more than the person in the back of the line waiting to get his government cheese. I was even more thrilled to see Hunter, who gives Jesus a bad name, get so mad about folks supporting gay rights and whine about how our whole country is going to H ell in a handbag lol. I always thought "real" christians kept their mouth shut and let the man upstairs handle His people accordingly. What did I know.

    Then I got to see some people make some valid points, those who didnt support the avatar and those who did support it. Regardless of what you supported, valid arugments were made and I respect that, you guys are what makes the forum what it is(even though we are all going to HALE because Hunter said so)

    Last, what a_football_fan said is the most damning thing about alot of you people. The forum is recreation, lighten up a little bit. You guys cry more than Kaitlen Faber in Kobes hotel room.

  2. #82
    Inactive Member imported_spike's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2006
    Posts
    270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    I actually dont see where this hunter kid gave Jesus a bad name. I have read the Bible some and it does not say anything about keeping the mouth shut but to go forth and spread the gospel. And as bad as I hate to say it this country is going down hill fast. I do believe Hunter did go about his reply in the wrong way for the way he posted it does tend to run people off from the Lord but it looks as if he is serious about his religion. And that is a good thing. I think we all need a little religion. In fact I am thinking of attending a church around here. I appoligize if I offended you any Mega.

  3. #83
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    [ QUOTE ]
    I think the poll had 90+ against the pic, 40+ that like it and 11 that dont care.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    What poll? I never saw/voted in any poll...

    And also, if you'll read the majority of people on here don't care one way or the other, and there's more that say keep the avatars as is than not. There's a MINORITY that is expressing displeasure. There's an easy way to appease the minority--have them toggle the avatars off altogether. Why punish the majority for something the miniority wants?

    [ QUOTE ]
    This is a sports forum isnt it?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    This forum has 3 different boards man--when you register, you register to be able to read all 3 of them...that is if you're of age to see the "old timers' board". This is not JUST a sports forum. That is the main premise yes, but we have a sports forum, a non-sports forum, and then the old timers' board. Besides, there are plenty of avatars that people have on here that are non-sports related that no one should/could find offensive.

    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  4. #84
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    Mega, first off thank you.

    I can see both sides of the argument, something I do try to do most of the time (not always easy mind you).

    What really makes it a pain for me, and a reason I try to just say fix it, I'm pretty easy going on most things. It does take a lot to offend me, but when I come on here and basically can't read anything that I'm interested in, message anybody or post anything due to having to deal with a lot of complaints and/or issues, it takes away a lot of the fun for me.

    I'm all for having pictures that are fun and jokes and such. Biggest reason I created the old timers was so that we could avoid the issue of kids seeing it. If a parent doesn't want their kid to see it potentially, then they know they might not should go there, or if someone checks it at work, they know it might be 'iffy'.

    Like I said, yours wasn't the worst thing ever, but its not as much a fact of yours as the next person who tries to 'one up' you , and that junk tends to happen easily, propogate in a semi-anonymous state like a message board.

    I mean people have to open their eyes and realize the world isn't quite the bubblegum state they want it to be. You have stories of kids being caught doing most anything in early elementary years now, there isn't many that haven't seen/heard something probably a lot more shocking than we expect at extremely young ages. More people need to start talking and explaining things to their children, instead of acting shocked/embarrased or trying to avoid it. Kids are going to see/here/do a ton of things that probably are 10 times worse than their parents had to deal with at a similar age, it would be wonderful to think that you could keep them from it, but unless you live in a shack in the woods and have no interaction (tv, news, schools, etc) they are going to encounter it.

    Anyhow I've ranted enough
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  5. #85
    Inactive Member imported_VTgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2002
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    [ QUOTE ]
    What poll? I never saw/voted in any poll..

    [/ QUOTE ]

    There's a poll at the beginning of this thread.
    Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
    George Orwell

  6. #86
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    How is the country going down hill fast? This country is the biggest conglomerate in the world. Morally you cant even generalize that statement having as many different diversities as we have in this country. Not everyone is christian, not everyone is white, not everyone has the same moral values. To say the country is going down hill is like saying food is good. What kinda food? Unhealthy food, healthy good, only veggies, what?

    Whats so funny about Hunter is how every single thread has something to do with the bible. You cant wipe your rectum backwards without it being a sin according to Hunter. Its like GCDevil22 said awhile back, we might as well not be on here because playing football is a sin, touching the pigs skin is a sin. Get over yourselves, sheesh.

  7. #87
    Inactive Member imported_spike's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2006
    Posts
    270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I think the poll had 90+ against the pic, 40+ that like it and 11 that dont care.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    What poll? I never saw/voted in any poll...

    And also, if you'll read the majority of people on here don't care one way or the other, and there's more that say keep the avatars as is than not. There's a MINORITY that is expressing displeasure. There's an easy way to appease the minority--have them toggle the avatars off altogether. Why punish the majority for something the miniority wants?

    [ QUOTE ]
    This is a sports forum isnt it?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    This forum has 3 different boards man--when you register, you register to be able to read all 3 of them...that is if you're of age to see the "old timers' board". This is not JUST a sports forum. That is the main premise yes, but we have a sports forum, a non-sports forum, and then the old timers' board. Besides, there are plenty of avatars that people have on here that are non-sports related that no one should/could find offensive.



    [/ QUOTE ]

    I dont see the Old Timers Board. How old do you hve to be to get on there? I am 35. Also the majority I saw that liked the avatar didnt have kids but the ones that didnt like it had kids. I dont know if this hunter character has any or not. I viewed things alot different before I was blessed with two kids. I know there has to be kids on here viewing the forums to read about their schools athletics. Even though there is an age limit to register there isnt one to view as a guest. I think Mega said something about people change as they get older. I know that as fact. When I was a teenager I liked seeing two girls together but now I cant stand the sight of it. Like I said in another post. I guess im just a Homophobe for I am against it 110%

  8. #88
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    [ QUOTE ]
    I mean people have to open their eyes and realize the world isn't quite the bubblegum state they want it to be. You have stories of kids being caught doing most anything in early elementary years now, there isn't many that haven't seen/heard something probably a lot more shocking than we expect at extremely young ages. More people need to start talking and explaining things to their children, instead of acting shocked/embarrased or trying to avoid it. Kids are going to see/here/do a ton of things that probably are 10 times worse than their parents had to deal with at a similar age, it would be wonderful to think that you could keep them from it, but unless you live in a shack in the woods and have no interaction (tv, news, schools, etc) they are going to encounter it.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    thank you.

  9. #89
    Inactive Member imported_spike's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2006
    Posts
    270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    For one I myself am not white. I am Black. I also know everyone is not Christians. And if hunter did have stuff about the Bible in his posts then he or she is a good person. The way I see it the Lord wants us all to follow as close to him as possible. I know I dont and should. But remember this too. Not everyone is perfect and all will sin. That is why the Lord sent his son to die on the cross. I gotta respect hunter for trying to spread the word but he needs to find a better way of doing it so he doesnt run more off than he brings in. How could I get in touch with this person (hunter)? I would like to talk with them.

  10. #90
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    I have no idea, he left.

    But I agree.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •